Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Maldives Dive Trip

Hi everyone,

I just came back from the Maldives dive trip. Over 20+ dives. 9 days. On the Live on board boat - MV EAGLE RAY. Food was very good. We ate fresh fish nearly every day.

The seas were very rough at times. But there were plenty of marine
life. ... not the same sort as Sipadan's Barracuda Tornadoes and Jack
Fish hordes though.

But this is open sea diving and we went there to see the big stuff. And...  we did get to see one or two whale sharks. Briefly. Like 5 seconds. Had to jump into the open seas with 1 metre high waves with a mask and fins to try and catch the buggers. It was "very clown". The ship was like cruising around- the lookout shouted "WHALE SHARK!!!!" We ran out on the deck- put on our fins and mask - and jumped into the swirling sea- and attempted to chase after the bastard. How insane is that?

I pissed everyone off when I jumped in and landed on top of the whale shark. I think I left my foot print on the poor thing. Exuberance got the better of me. I'll know better next time. Damn you Spencer. :)

We also did get to see the Eagle Rays and a spectacular dive with two big Manta Rays.

Its open seas diving. We were diving in really rough seas at times.
Definitely not for the faint hearted. Its an experience alright.

I'll be posting up video and photos of the trip on the multiply site. I
got some amazing video footage of the Manta Rays and a number of
stunning photo shots - thanks to my Fuji F31 point and shoot camera.

Stayed tuned.

2 comments:

spencer Ng said...

Nice photos....no whale shark pic? :)

Yauming YMC said...

only have video