Saturday, June 23, 2007

Time Heals All Wounds... Eventually

My Gym trainer is out doing public demos sessions, so nothing today. I thought of going for a run- but my knee caps hurt. I should go for a good swim... but where?

Had to turn down another wedding invite (here in Singapore) today. The groom called me up... but I had to decline. Its sad that I can't go. Its been over 20 years since I last saw him and his family. We grew up together. But our fathers had a terrible "disagreement" many years ago... yes, I know its silly and so medieval. But he broke my father's heart and now my father is dead, and he is still alive, cocky and loud as ever.

I'd just be real uncomfortable during the whole wedding thing. I'd be force to fake the smiles and shake hands and pretend everything is OK. But its not OK. My father trusted him and he was betrayed. So there it is.

Will past animosities carry on to the next generation? No, of course not.

I've done my prayers and forgiven them in my heart - but it still rankles me to hear the old man speak and laugh. I will not endure a dinner spent in his company nor share his bread.

So at the moment, time has to take its course.

No comments: