Thursday, June 14, 2007

Time flies

I'll be turning 39 this year. Shocking. Sometimes I feel like I'm still 21 (and act it). I still look very young by comparison to my peers- good genes I guess. I eat junk food, hardly exercise (in the last 20 years) - so those two factors can be ruled out.

Occasionally I bump into people who think I'm 25 or younger. When i tell them my age- they reckon I'm having them on.

I don't exactly blame them. I don't have age wrinkles. My hair is still relatively black (I do have some white hair- but that was caused by a recent tragedy), I still look relatively fit- and occasionally I've got the energy of a 20 year old. Sometimes I even surprise myself.

My back has been giving me trouble tho. My trainer spotted a problem with my sub-scap- the shoulder blade muscle. Basically my chest muscles are way superior to my back muscles. So the back shoulder are being pulled forward. Saw a sports doctor who said it wasn't a serious problem- and recommended me to a physio whose helping me fix it. Seems to be working. But I think I may have to take up swimming again to ease the strain.

Gotta go to gym now. One of my goals is to get rid of the embarassing gut I've been having since I was a kid. It seems that if you're fat- u get sloppy- u get untidy- everything falls apart. So Goal One: Get fit, look good... and still feel young. :)

No comments: