Monday, November 20, 2006

Strange day

I had the weirdest experience the whole week. I saw an old old friend whom I hadn't seen before in years... years... we go way way back to kindergarten days.

He sees me and happily starts talking. So we are chatting away, merrily at the coffee shop... Its great- we're getting along famously.

And then his girlfriend or something shows up - takes him around the corner and whispers angrily into his ear. She says something in dialect- but I don't get it.

He then walks over to me and says, "Uh... I'm sorry, I can't talk to you." And abruptly walks off- with his girlfriend clinging by his side angrily nagging at him.

10 minutes later- she comes marching back in a maddened state - she flings a bunch of coins onto the table. And walks off.

The metallic splatter of coins onto the table startles a few of the patrons. The shop owner just stares at her. But she doesn't care - and marches away.

I'm really not too sure what to make of it.

I think the coins were to pay for the coffee. But surely there has to be an easier way to do these sort of things.

No comments: