Saturday, August 31, 2013

Noritake porcelain tea and coffee sets




I like beautiful things. Beautiful cars, houses, people, and porcelain.

I collect antique and vintage Noritake tea and coffee sets. I have over 10 different types - mostly incomplete. You can see them in the first photo with the scones - there are four designs featured there.

The Noritake Arlene set is my most complete collection - meaning I have tea pots, coffee pots, milk jugs, sugar bowls, bread plate, dinner plates, saucers, cups etc.. The design is white ivory background - with delicate pastel flowers in pink, yellow and grey. Very very pretty and even sensual to look at. Produced in the early 1960s when Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, and Ingrid Bergman were household names - it exudes the desire for beautiful, pretty, elegant and dainty objects.






No comments: