Thursday, January 25, 2007

Eye Operation Wednesday

Things went well overall at the National Eye Centre. The operation went smoothly. The doctor gave me a local - but when I seemed a bit too tense (I don't like needles going into my eyeballs)- he gave me a little extra and I fell alseep.

I didn't wake up after the surgery was over. There was not much pain. My eyes felt a bit bruised but that was expected. Hopefully the heaing process will be quick.

My only complaint was on the admin side- for security reasons- they emptied out my wallet and counted everything- including all my bank cards, coins and keys. I was a bit worried that something might fall out and get lost! Why they don't provide a simple safe deposit box, I don't know. They waste their nurses valuable time by doing this sort of chicken shit thing. Not to mention the issue of infection by handling the money, keys etc..

What I also found ridiculous was the post-op nurse asking me to sign the release forms AFTER the surgery- duh, I could barely see. And I got real miffed when she refused to issue me with a night mask (the type issued to airtravel/bus passengers). She said the elastic might hurt my eyes. Instead, she stupidly advised me to wear sunglasses and tap them to my head to prevent them from falling out. WTF??? Why not just get me to staple gun the glasses to my head?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor thing! At least you are recovering well! Hope to see you soon, sans puffy eyes! :-)