Monday, February 23, 2009

Huilee's fab wedding at the Ritz Carlton

And now for the purpose of this visit, to attend my cousin's wedding at the Ritz Carlton.

Pretty fab affair - 50 tables - the Singapore President - Govt. Ministers, MPs, their security detail, family, friends from 16 corners. 4 Parent's side x4... father's mother's uncles, aunties, brothers, sisters, cousins... maybe its an asian thing. I even met up with my Grand Aunt Rosa - wife of my late Grand Uncle Arthur - brother to my father's mother - Granny Lily. Linking them up would be a Facebook - Friendster spectacular. Sad, all dead except for the old battle axe. Rosa, in her younger days, used to go dancing with Sir Run Run Shaw, the Film Mogul.

Hui-lee wanted something a bit more quiet. But her mom insisted on a big ceremony with all the fireworks.

Nathan, the President of Singapore was also in attendance - his security detail in close support. I suspect they must be very new at the game. What do they think will happen? Is someone going to take an unpleasant camera flash of our POTUS?

I wanted to ask him whether I could catch a lift back - we live next to the Istana, the President Official Residence. But I didn't get a chance to ask- despite being on the next table.  Haha!!

BTW, the bride's red dress and makeup was chosen by her mother - who insisted she wear that.
 

No comments: