Wednesday, August 20, 2008

32 Good Reasons Not to become a Marxist

32 reasons not to turn to communism - click on the link.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/aug/09/slavoj.zizek

I wonder why he absolutely hates seeing people he considers stupid - be happy? What a spoilsport. I guess holding onto such utopian goals, and probably realizing deep down that communism is a flawed ideology and a fantasy that turns rotten faster than milk on a hot day, makes such idiots very cantankerous.

Anyways... here's my take at the 32 Questions...

When were you happiest?
When I received news that the govt had accepted my petition to remove a road reserve order on a heavily mortgaged property I was trying to sell (on behalf) of my family.
What is your greatest fear?
To be alone, lost in a strange country where I don't speak the language.
What is your earliest memory?
Being in a drain after ramming down a small concrete wall with my tricycle after my cousins had pushed me down the hill.
Which living person do you most admire, and why?
My friend ES Poh who came to Australia with just a technical cert and walked out a millionaire after 20 years. And who is humble, and willing to offer good advice.
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Complacency
What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Pride. Arrogance. Self-centerness.
What was your most embarrassing moment?
Saying something terribly rude about a friend without realizing it.
Aside from a property, what's the most expensive thing you've bought?
My Omega Speedmaster Watch.
What is your most treasured possession?
My peace of mind... otherwise my computer.
What makes you depressed?
A loved one treating me terribly, obnoxious, vile behavior.
What do you most dislike about your appearance?
My relatively short height. 170cm. I wish I was 180+.
What is your most unappealing habit?
Sloth, too much time on the internet.
What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?
An authentic Star Wars Stormtrooper armor uniform. (Then I'll get that wisecrack line- "Aren't you a little short to be a stormtrooper?)
What is your guiltiest pleasure?
Watching pretty young women.
What do you owe your parents?
My life. And... My sense of paranoia and low self-esteem...
To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?
To God, for not trying hard enough.
What does love feel like?
Being wanted unconditionally, totally.
What or who is the love of your life?
Life itself. The golden sunset, the rainbow stretching from both ends of the horizon, a beautiful young woman.
What is your favourite smell?
Good food - especially when I'm hungry
Have you ever said 'I love you' and not meant it?
No. I'm a straight talker.
Which living person do you most despise, and why?
People who profess to be Christians and yet behave in despicable ways - tormenting their loved ones.
What is the worst job you've done?
Being on company clerk duty in the army.
What has been your biggest disappointment?
A close relative for not realizing she's not cut out for business and losing tons of money, repeatedly, and yet not repenting.
If you could edit your past, what would you change?
I wish my father was like a father to me, rather than a bully.
If you could go back in time, where would you go?
On the first day of creation to be with God as He created the World.
How do you relax?
Listening to classical music.
How often do you have sex?
Haha.
What is the closest you've come to death?
When I was 3 years old, I fell 10 feet (about 5 metres) onto marble floor.
What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
Money. Lots of it.
What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Negotiating with the Singapore Land Authority to remove that outstanding road reserve order on that family property. An impossible task, yet by God's grace I pulled it off.
What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
That life is good and if there is order, logic, and rational thought, things can work out well for everyone.
Tell us a secret.
Surprise, I'm depressed and feel like killing myself.

No comments: