Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Goodbye my friend

The main thing for me in the year 2006- was falling in love with my friend, CQ. This eclipsed all other events for me this year.

You know the person is right for you when you simply enjoy being in that person's presence.We enjoyed each other's company and even the silences between our conversations.

Unfortunately circumstances back in Singapore spun things out of control. I really should not have choose to go back and help a relative - who was beyond help. But duty dictated that I return.

Things got fubar after that. Due to my relative's influence I got sucked into the market in August and I couldn't pull myself out of the financial disaster of 2007 which have us totally exposed to the GFC train wreck of 2008-9.

I am a hopeless man. I didn't have the strength to get myself out of that mess. And CQ wasn't as encouraging either, even during the good times she kept on trying to break up with me. She didn't trust me fully. And she kept on assuming I would become like her ex.

I have failed her. But looking at the relationship now - maybe it was doomed to disaster.

We parted on a quarrel. Then exchanged text messages saying sorry. But my affection for her died that day. I stood in front of her car and she told me to get out of the way. I did and then I realised we were totally wrong for each other.

I wish her all the best and hope she finds a better man.

No comments: